Understanding & Managing EHV-1 is the first continuing education course in the Advanced Horsemanship program provided by the Welfare and Safety of the Racehorse Summit at no cost to users or racing commissions. In this course, you will learn about:
- What is EHV-1
- What causes EHV-1
- What are the clinical signs
- The diagnostic tools available
- Treatment options
- Best management practices to prevent contamination
- EHV-1 vaccination rules for shipping
Advanced Horsemanship Objectives
The objectives of this Advanced Horsemanship course are to:
- Increase your knowledge and ability to identify a horse or situation at risk for EHV-1
- Provide you information about the treatment options available
- Provide you best management practices to prevent an EHV-1 outbreak in your stable
- Instruct you on the rules and regulations of EHV-1 vaccination when shipping horses
Click here to review the equipment requirements and course FAQ prior to beginning this course.
After fully viewing the course you will be asked to re-enter your name and email address and select the racing commissions you wish to notify. The final verification of information will ensure your selected racing commissions are notified of your course completion.