The Hoof: Inside & Out is the second continuing education course in the Advanced Horsemanship program provided by the Welfare and Safety of the Racehorse Summit at no cost to users or racing commissions. In this course, you will learn about:
- Hoof Physiology
- Hoof Care & Trimming
- Basics of Horseshoeing
- Types of Shoes
- Farrier's Role & Communication
Advanced Horsemanship Objectives
The objectives of this Advanced Horsemanship course are to:
- Increase your knowledge about the physiology of the hoof and how it correlates to soundness and racing performance
- Inform you on basic horseshoeing principles and shoe types
- Provide best hoof care management practices
- Encourage dialogue among your stable's team and farrier
Click here to review the equipment requirements and course FAQ prior to beginning this course.
After fully viewing the course you will be asked to re-enter your name and email address and select the racing commissions you wish to notify. The final verification of information will ensure your selected racing commissions are notified of your course completion.