Understanding the National Uniform Medication Program (NUMP) is the third continuing education course in the Advanced Horsemanship program provided by the Welfare and Safety of the Racehorse Summit at no cost to users or racing commissions. In this course, you will learn about:
- Components of NUMP
- NUMP's Medication Regulation
- Third-Party Lasix Administration
- RMTC Laboratory Accreditation
- Multiple Medication Violation Program
- Progress of NUMP
Advanced Horsemanship Objectives
The objectives of this Advanced Horsemanship course are to:
- Increase your knowledge and awareness about the National Uniform Medication Program (NUMP)
- Inform you on the standards and guidelines advocated by NUMP
- Provide information concerning medication standards, thresholds, and withdrawal times
- Present the progress of NUMP and its components among the various racing jurisdictions
Click here to review the equipment requirements and course FAQ prior to beginning this course.
After fully viewing the course you will be asked to re-enter your name and email address and select the racing commissions you wish to notify. The final verification of information will ensure your selected racing commissions are notified of your course completion.