Nutrition and Balanced Feed Programs is the fifth continuing education course in the Advanced Horsemanship program provided by the Welfare and Safety of the Racehorse Summit at no cost to users or racing commissions. In this course, you will learn about:
- Nutrient Requirements of a Racehorse
- Supplying & Meeting Nutrient Requirements
- Equine Digestive System
Advanced Horsemanship Objectives
The objectives of this Advanced Horsemanship course are to:
- Increase your knowledge and understanding of how nutrients requirements are determined and what are the nutrient requirements of a racehorse
- Inform you on how best to meet nutrient requirements based on the horse's gastrointestinal anatomy
- Increase your knowledge and understanding of equine gastrointestinal health and its impact on a balanced feed program
- Provide you ways in which you can best utilize feedstuffs to maximize nutrient intake
Click here to review the equipment requirements and course FAQ prior to beginning this course.
After fully viewing the course you will be asked to re-enter your name and email address and select the racing commissions you wish to notify. The final verification of information will ensure your selected racing commissions are notified of your course completion.